Difference Between XAPK vs APK files
What are APK Files?
APK [Android package kit] is the complete package that consists of all the folders and files you need to install an application on Android. When we talk about xapk vs apk, as you use an EXE file when installing applications on windows, the APK file does the job in Android.
When you use Google Play, you will download the APK file of the application. Then the Android installer will install the application on the system. The process of manually installing APKs has several advantages. One of the most significant is being able to access apps ahead of time.
When a primary Google application (such as Calendar) receives a big update, it may take a week or more for your device to receive the update. Installing the APK allows you to bypass the waiting period and update immediately.
As a bonus, Sideloading APKs allows you to install programs on your smartphone that aren’t available through Google Play. It is, nevertheless, essential to use caution when choosing where to download from. Downloading APK files from unknown websites, much like downloading desktop software, is not a wise idea. This is especially true if the website offers you a premium app at no cost in exchange for your information.
So lets begin the discussion on XAPK vs APK files.
What are XAPK Files?
Let’s discuss more on xapk vs apk. An XAPK file is a compressed package that may be used to install Android applications on mobile devices. It is comparable to the industry standard. Although the program is in APK format, it may also include additional assets required by the App, such as an image.
The OBB file, which contains images, media files, and other app data, is used to store the program. XAPK files are used in the distribution of Android applications through third-party app download portals. Google Play does not support the use of these apps.
XAPK files are not conventional app installer packages.
XAPK files are not conventional app installer packages. As a result, they must either be installed manually or via an XAPK installer. The XAPK Installer is a program that allows you to install an app (the APK file contained within the package) on an Android device once you have downloaded the XAPK file. The XAPK file (which is simply a standard.ZIP file) may be unzipped, and the extracted contents can be placed in the correct position on your device if you prefer not to use the built-in installation method.
App developers must utilize other files (such as OBB files) to store additional graphics and media assets when providing apps through Google Play since the APK file size must be 50MB or below. This is a disadvantage of distributing apps through Google Play.
As a result of this restriction, some developers choose to make their programs available on other platforms in addition to Google Play. When an Android application is downloaded from a site other than Google Play, the XAPK format was launched to bundle the APK file and the OBB file together for more smooth distribution and installation procedure.
What’s the difference between APK and XAPK files?
- Google Play Store provides support for this application.
- This program may be installed on Android phones using the default installer, which contains only the components necessary for an app to be installed on an Android device.
- The file size must be less than 50MB.
- Installation is made simpler.
- Google Play is a platform for distributing applications.
- The Google Play Store does not support this application.
- It must be installed manually or via an XAPK installer package that is different from the main XAPK installation package. APK files and OBB files are both types of applications (files containing additional data for the application)
- No limit in the amount of space available.
How to Install XAPK Files on Android Phone?
When we discuss about xapk vs apk, you need to know about installing xapk on android devices. So let’s see How to Install XAPK Files on Android Phone…
- Step 1: Prepare an XAPK (APK with OBB) file or an APK file. From APKPure, you may download the XAPK file and store it on your computer’s hard drive.
- Step 2: Download Pure APK Install and run it on your PC to complete the process.
- Note: To complete the XAPK/APK installation process, you must first activate USB Debugging on your Android device before connecting your Android phone or tablet to a computer’s USB port and connecting with the computer through a USB connection.
- Step 3: Drag and drop the XAPK, APK file, or “Open APK File” onto your computer’s desktop or other suitable location.
- Step 4: Preview your application and choose whether to install it on an external SD card or the Android internal memory. Then click on the “Install button” to begin the XAPK/APK installation process. You may also alter this setting before the current installation starts if you do so before it begins.
- Step 5: The installation of the XAPK and APK will take 3-5 seconds or longer to complete. You may need to modify the seconds to minutes if the XAPK (APK with OBB file) is more than 1GB in size, as described above.
- Step 6: Install the .obb file on your Android device, or manually copy the.OBB file to your Android device.
That is all, So now you know how to Install XAPK Files on Android Phone.
Install the XAPK package Using the File Manager
- Download and install the .XAPK file on your Android device
- Locate the.XAPK file and rename it with the extension.zip to make it easier to find.
- Unzip the contents of the .zip file
- The .obb file (typically titled “com.xxxxx.obb”) should be located within the file and copied to the following location: /sdcard/storage/emulated/0/Android.obb.
- After installing the .apk file, you will be able to launch the program on your Android device successfully!
How to extract XAPK file in pc?
Alternatively, you may go to the next step if you have already downloaded the file to your laptop or computer.
- Obtain and install the Pure APK Install on your computer (.exe file).
- Activate USB Debugging on your Android device. (For the steps, check the previous section.)
- Connect your Android phone to your computer by connecting it using a USB cable.
- Launch the Pure APK Install App and navigate to the .xapk file you downloaded earlier.
- Select the place where you want the App to be installed from the drop-down menu. Then click on the “Install button” to begin the installation of your App.
- The app and OBB data file will be downloaded and installed on your Android smartphone immediately.
How to install xapk using zarchiver
Zarchiver is a very famous application you can use in installing XAPKs on your devices. So you can follow the exact steps in this video for successful extraction of .obb files and installing XAPKs.
XAPK vs APK; Is xapk safe?
Is APK is safe? a common question of most people. Let’s see.
The XAPK file format is a new file format for delivering Android applications and games. When it comes to the security of your smartphone, you must practice the same level of caution that you do when downloading APK files. This is because installing a file from an unverified source may compromise your device and allow hackers to manipulate your device remotely.
APKFab is the company that develops XAPK Manager, and the most recent version of XAPK Manager 2.2.2 was released on January 9, 2020. XAPK Manager is a software application that falls under the category of Tools. XAPK Manager allows you to check out all of the applications created by the developer. For the time being, this software is entirely free.
This application may be obtained through APKFab or Google Play for Android 4.1 and above. All APK / XAPK files on APKFab.com are original and 100% secure to download, and they are delivered in a lightning-fast manner.
We believe that you’ve got what you were looking for by reading our review on XAPK vs APK. If you are interested in this content or you have questions or suggestions, do not forget to leave a comment and share your idea with the world. Thank you…
Until you can read: Learn How to Fix the Errors While Installing APKs